Superflex… A Superhero Social Thinking Curriculum Package (Two-Book Set)
Superflex®: A Superhero Social Thinking Curriculum provides educators, parents and therapists fun and motivating ways to teach students with social and communication difficulties (undiagnosed or diagnosed, such as Asperger’s syndrome, ADHD, high-functioning autism or similar). The three-part cognitive behavioral curriculum helps students develop further awareness of their own thinking and social behaviors and learn strategies to help them develop better self-regulation across a range of behaviors.
The Superflex Curriculum Package Includes
- The Superflex Curriculum: 106 page book to guide adults in teaching the core concepts.
- All handouts and relevant teaching materials are included in the book.
- Superflex Takes on Rock Brain and the Team of Unthinkables, a 21-page comic book which introduces the basic Unthinkable characters through which we teach the curriculum.
- When should you use the Superflex Curriculum: Teachers, parents and therapists should only use Superflex after the core concepts introduced in the book You Are A Social Detective (a different product) are thoroughly taught to the student.
- Ages: The curriculum is geared to elementary school children (grades 2nd-5th) but can be used with immature older students who respond to visual books.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT TEACHING SUPERFLEX: Teachers, parents and therapists should only use Superflex after the core concepts introduced in the book You Are A Social Detective are thoroughly taught to the student.
The Superflex curriculum book offers clear lesson plans to help educators, SLPs, other therapists and parents create a personalized Superflex Superhero Training Academy for their students. Students learn they each have a Superflex superflexible thinking superhero inside their brains. Superflex helps them take on the Team of Unthinkables (Rock Brain, Topic Twister Meister, Mean Jean and Glassman to name a few), cartoon-like characters who embody different behaviors and challenges. For instance, Rock Brain makes people get stuck on their own ideas, or Glassman makes them have huge upset reactions. Each of the 14 characters’ powers are described and teaching materials include specific strategies that can help students subdue the Unthinkable that is invading their brain. You can even print cards, Superflex award badges and handouts included in the curriculum.
All Books All Social Skills Books & Fun Decks Books Books & Fun Decks Comic Strips Comics comic books Social skills Comics Strips Communication Social Skills