Pencil Grip - Writing Claw (Small)
€1.42 ex. VAT
The CLAW is a fun and effective way to teach young children how to hold their pencil correctly. The claw pencil grips are made of three small, flexible cups that the fingers fit into. In the middle is a space to place the pencil, pen, marker or crayon. The cups ensure that the fingers stay in the tripod grasp the entire time. This is one of the main advantages of this pencil grip, the child cannot roll off position like they can do with other pencil grips. Small grip is perfect for age 3 to 5 years.
All children, including those with Autism, ADHD, developmental disabilities, learning disabilities and general fine motor delay can all benefit from using the C.L.A.W. When using the C.L.A.W., students can focus on good handwriting rather than the mechanics of holding the pencil. The result is an efficient pencil grasp and improved handwriting.
* Fits Left or Right Hand
* Revolutionary grip ensuring true finger position
* Easy to use
* Latex Free
Sold individually - pencil NOT included
1. There is more to correcting a pencil grasp then just putting a pencil grip on a pencil. The child also needs to develop strength in all the right places. This means building a stable support by working on core strength, shoulder, elbow, and wrist stability.
2. The child needs to assume a proper seating position, this means no dangling feet from kitchen chairs. If the feet are not flat on the floor then the child is not stable and balanced, this will have a negative effect on hand writing that no pencil grip will fix.
3. Remember that the pencil grip isn’t glued to the child’s fingers in the correct position. So it needs to be monitored or the child can start compensating around the pencil grip as well.
4. If the child is struggling to isolate their little finger and ring finger, give them something small to hold in these fingers. This will keep the little finger and ring finger tucked out of the way.
All Handwriting Claws Educational Hand Writing Handwriting Latex Free Pencil Grips Writing Writing Claws