Before and After
€25.20 ex. VAT
The game comprises 90 photographs divided into 30 series of before-during-after situations.
Each series is made up of 3 photographs.
The game is organised around 10 long central master-cards.
Each master-card forms the centre of a series of 3 which the child has to complete on both sides with the correct photo cards.
The educational content of this material is based on the LOGICAL and SEQUENTIAL ASSOCIATION between each of the series of 3 photographs. The objects, people and situations represented in the photos are easy for the child to identify and name and also determine what they do/are for. The series recreate situations and experiences from everyday life which are familiar to the child’s environment and enable the child to become aware of the FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP that unites them. It is also an excellent means of DEVELOPING LANGUAGE and using the VERBS that correspond to the actions represented in the photographs.
The “before-during-after” association develops an internal mental process that enables the child to establish a sequential relationship in time and discover the logical and temporal order in which things happen (SPATIAL-TEMPORAL REASONING). PSYCHO-PEDAGOGICAL OBJECTIVES:
- Incorporation and development of basic vocabulary.
- Encouraging logical thought processes and spatial-temporal reasoning.
- Acquisition of the ability to relate objects functionally.
- Internalisation of the sequential order of things.
- Introduction to using abstract thought (acts as a basis for establishing mental associations and taking the first steps from concrete thought to abstract thought).
- Development of a capacity for observation, whether of the objects themselves or their characteristics and functions.
- Learning to form suppositions and explanations for possible relationships between objects.
- Improving psychomotor coordination by handling the cards and putting them together correctly.
Suitable for ages 3-6
Presented in a Green Plastic Carry Case 23.6 x 18.7 x 7.2 cm