Target Ladders Developing Co-ordination
The Target Ladders books provide an overview of the range of difficulties experienced by children with a particular SEN, enabling the busy teacher to get a better understanding of the child’s learning priorities. Photocopiable materials include checklists to help you identify children who may be in need of extra help, and templates for records of progress and monitoring sheets.
Target Ladders focus on what a child can do, rather than what they cannot do, in order to identify next steps, presenting ‘small steps’ targets for children and suggested strategies for achieving these targets. They provide the structure and flexibility to recognise that every child is different and will follow their own pathway through the targets.'
'The Target Ladders books aim to support you in the following ways:
• Focusing on what a child can do, rather than what they cannot do, in order to identify next steps
• Presenting ‘small steps’ targets for children
• Suggesting strategies and activities you may find helpful in order to achieve the targets
• Giving you the information you need to use your professional judgement and understanding of the child in determining priorities for learning
• Recognising that every child is different and will follow their own pathway through the targets
• Giving you an overview of the range of difficulties experienced by children with a particular SEN. Not all children will experience all of the difficulties, but once you know and understand the implications of the SEN, it gives you a better understanding of each child’s learning priorities
• Providing a system for setting and monitoring