Dislikes the Feeling of Paper Towels or Paper
- This is likely related to an over-responsive tactile system and/or an over responsive auditory system
- The texture of the paper towels or the paper may be very uncomfortable and even painful.
- Including discomfort with the sound of the paper towel being crumpled up or paper being removed.
Ideas to Help:
- Use noise cancelling headphones or earplugs as needed.
- Try to let the child wear tight compression gloves for schoolwork and when turning pages in a book.
- Use cloth towels instead of paper towels for dying hands.