Taming Little Monsters Book
Children can be little angels; they can also be little monsters, exhibiting difficult behaviour in the classroom.This book explains how positive reinforcement techniques will help in this situation as they give children positive goals to work towards instead of only focusing on negative consequences to avoid.
The idea is to concentrate on rewarding the desired behaviour, either when planned with the child or when recognised as it happens spontaneously, this will increase the probability of the behaviour being repeated until eventually it becomes a habit.
· The book is full of useful advice on how to prevent an outburst and what to do if one does occur.
· Children who need to calm down can try a mandala activity, of which a number are included – these intricate patterns and designs can be found in different shapes, sizes and colours. They are believed to bring mental harmony and calm troubled thoughts. Colouring a mandala can be a calming, restorative process as, while the hands are engaged in the mechanical task of colouring, the mind has a chance to think freely and calmly.
· This is followed by sage advice on planning your approach to dealing with persistent difficult behaviour with a view to working on the most pressing problems.
· The positive ideas for recording progress include star charts, colouring sheets, behaviour cards, merit certificates and a high five hand chart:
· Charts for record keeping and follow-up are supplied for copying.
An invaluable resource that will help bring calm to the classroom.
• A4 illustrated book with 46 pages
• Ideal for ages up to 6 years old
• Designed to help teachers deal with angry students
All Books All Social Skills Behaviour Book Books Books & Fun Decks Books Books & Fun Decks Communication Difficult Behaviours Good Books Social Skills