Ark's Goshabunga Large Textured Grabber - Soft (Red)
€10.57 ex. VAT
Invented by Debra C. Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP, ARK's Goshabunga Textured Grabber® is a large version of the popular Textured Grabber® oral motor chew tool. The large version has a larger handle that's more comfortable for older teenagers and adults.
The innovative P shape design has an easy-to-hold loop, with a long extension for reaching the back molars. The Grabber® can be used:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To work on jaw strength and stability and oral motor skills
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
It's available in 3 colour-coded toughness levels:
- Standard - These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them. Recommended for mild chewers and/or beginners practicing biting/chewing skills
- Medium Firm / XT - XT stands for "Xtra Tough," recommended for moderate chewing. These are firmer, but still chewy.
- Very Firm / XXT - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough," recommended for more avid chewing. These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough.
ARK manufactures the Grabber® in the USA. It's medical grade, FDA compliant, and contains NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. The original Grabber® measures about 5" lengthwise, just under 1.9" across the loop/handle, and .44" thick. This Goshabunga version measures about 6.8" lengthwise, 2.1" across the loop, and .46" thick.
What does "Goshabunga" mean? It's a word coined a long time ago by one of ARK's founders that means "really big."
Caution: although these
chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Some
individuals (particularly those with heavy oral needs and aggressive
biting/chewing) may be able to damage the tools. How long each tool lasts
depends on the oral sensory needs of the child, whether or not they are seeing
an occupational therapist if needed, as well as many other variables in his/her
life. Please supervise at all times and replace if necessary when the
item shows signs of wear and tear.
All ARK Products All Chew Products ARK Chews Z-Vibes Tips & Kits Back To School Students Chew Products Chews - Standard (Soft) chewy ark Chewy Tubes & Grabbers Oral Motor Strength - Standard (Soft) Textured