Developing Early Communication, Language and Learning Skills at Home
Developing Early Communication, Language and Learning Skills at Home is full of tried-and-tested, practical activities for children developing their communication, language and learning skills including those with special educational needs and disabilities. This book provides parents, teachers and therapists with a range of playful and engaging activities to consolidate and develop children’s language and communication skills at home and school.
Organised into five areas, the resource includes motivating activities around the themes of outdoor activities, daily routines, messy play, games for turn-taking and games to encourage creativity and make sense of the world.
- 50 activities, each with a list of equipment, instructions, top tips, key vocabulary and ideas for extending the activity next time
- Symbol boards for each activity to support children’s understanding and experiences
- Photocopiable sheets for ease of use
- Guidance on how to tailor activities to the interests and needs of the child to produce a personalised activity pack
- An activity checklist to help you maximise your interactions with the child
- An activity log to record children’s responses and achievements
With clear and easy-to-follow instructions, the activities are suitable for use with children who are non-verbal, still developing their early communication or children who are talking. This is an invaluable resource for teachers, teaching assistants or therapists to share relevant activities with parents, and can equally be used by parents as a stand-alone resource. Designed to support the transfer of learning from school to home, this book will empower anyone working with children with SEND to develop children’s communication, language and learning through playful interactions.
122 Pages - 814 B/W Illustrations
All Books All Disabilities All Language Acquisition Back To School Teachers Book Sale 50% Books Books & Fun Decks Books Books & Fun Decks Books By Disability Communicating Communication & Conversations Communication Skills Communications Fun Books Language Language Acquisition New Products Non-Verbal Learning Disability Play Skills Sale Disability Books Sale Teaching Resources