Developing Early Literacy Skills
A valuable resource for professionals working with pre-school children, or with older children lacking basic literacy skills, this book provides practical photocopiable activities to develop the early skills required for success with literacy.
- Includes: rhyming activities alphabet activities; phonological awareness; writing and handwriting; and reading.
- Each section is structured so that children can build up their knowledge and skills.
- Developed within the classroom, these ideas and activities can be used with a range of children in whole class, group and individual situations both at home and in pre-school settings.
- Designed to help children showing early signs of dyslexia or a specific learning difficulty, these activities will also benefit older children who lack a foundation of early literacy skills.
- Invaluable for teachers, learning support assistants, nursery workers, parents and carers.
- Hints for parents and carers
- Basic skills
- Rhyming activities
- Alphabet activities
- Phonological awareness
- Writing and handwriting
All Books Book Books Books & Fun Decks Books Books & Fun Decks Communicating Languages Literacy Books Speaking Vocabulary