Helping Children Locked in Rage or Hate
This is a guidebook to help children who:
- hurt, hit, bite, smash, kick, shout, scream or who are out of control, hyperaroused or hyperactive
- can only discharge their angry feelings in verbal or physical attacks, rather than being able to think about and reflect on what they feel
- are angry because it is easier than feeling hurt or sad
- are locked in anger or rage because of sibling rivalry
- are controlling and punitive
- regularly defy authority or are diagnosed with a conduct disorder
- commit cold acts of cruelty, hurt animals or do not cry any more; spoil, damage or destroy what others do or make
- create fear in others because they have locked away their own fears
- do not want to please people, cannot trust, have stopped looking for love or approval or truly believe they do not need anyone
- do not really know how to 'like' someone; and, definitely do not know how to love someone or are affectionate only if they want something.
The practical guidebooks enable teachers, parents and professionals to help children aged 4-12 connect with unresolved feelings affecting their behaviour.
Each guide focuses on a particular feeling, with exercises and ideas to help children think about, express and focus on that feeling to the point of resolution.
All Books Anger Anxiety & Stress Books Book Books Books & Fun Decks Books Books & Fun Decks Dealing With Emotions Emotions