Helping Children Who Are Anxious or Obsessional
This is a guidebook to help children who:
- are insecure or worry too much; suffer from phobias or nightmares
- find it difficult to concentrate to let go and have fun
- have suffered a trauma; are worryingly good or seem like little adults
- use order and routine as a way of coping with 'messy' feelings
- retreat into dullness as a way of managing their being in the world
- and, develop obsessive-compulsive behaviour in order to ward off their too-powerful feelings.
This professional guidebook is based on Margot Sunderland’s bestselling series of therapeutic stories for children( available separately)
The guidebooks enable teachers, parents and professionals to help children aged 4-12 connect with unresolved feelings affecting their behaviour.
Each guide focuses on a particular feeling, with exercises and ideas to help children think about, express and focus on that feeling to the point of resolution.
The illustrated stories are designed to be told alongside the guide, but can be bought and used independently.
All Books Anxiety Anxiety & Stress Books Book Books Books & Fun Decks Books Books & Fun Decks Dealing With Emotions Emotions