Pencil Grip - Grotto Grip - Pack of 3
€5.69 ex. VAT
Now available as 3 pack Blister Pack.
This ergonomic pencil grip was designed and tested by Paediatric occupational therapists specialising in handwriting. The Grotto Grip immediately decreases hand fatigue and with consistent use, increases writing endurance & pencil control while actually training the hand muscles to hold a writing utensil properly.
- finger guards and special angles place & hold the fingers into a mature tripod grasp by providing constant tactile feedback
- maintains arches in the palm of the hand facilitating dynamic finger movements
- facilitates an open web space between thumb and index finger
- Prevents hyper-mobility at the joints of the index finger and thumb
- OT recommended firmness for optimal joint stability and muscle action
With consistent use, the Grotto Grip trains the hand to form a proper grasp. The Grotto Grip actually activates the muscles in the palm of your hand to allow for dynamic finger movements.
Grotto Grip was designed with optimal firmness as recommended by occupational therapists to provide sufficient feedback to the fingers to maintain a proper grasp while writing. The Grotto Grips unique design places the hand and fingers in a position which shifts the support to the palm of the hand and facilitates the user to hold the wrist in an extended position; the proper way to hold a writing utensil.
For both left & right-handed writers. For children starting off or who have great difficulty holding a pencil in the correct position this is a great pencil grip. It reinforces the correct positioning with deep grooves and compared with other pencil grips it is really obvious when the child is off position on this grip.
Product Dimensions: 4 x 0 x 6 inches
Age: 3 years +
1. There is more to correcting a pencil grasp then just putting a pencil grip on a pencil. The child also needs to develop strength in all the right places. This means building a stable support by working on core strength, shoulder, elbow, and wrist stability.
2. The child needs to assume a proper seating position, this means no dangling feet from kitchen chairs. If the feet are not flat on the floor then the child is not stable and balanced, this will have a negative effect on hand writing that no pencil grip will fix.
3. Remember that the pencil grip isn’t glued to the child’s fingers in the correct position. So it needs to be monitored or the child can start compensating around the pencil grip as well.
4. If the child is struggling to isolate their little finger and ring finger, give them something small to hold in these fingers. This will keep the little finger and ring finger tucked out of the way.
5. Non Toxic and Latex Free
All Handwriting Educational Grips Grotto Grips Handwriting New Products Pencil Grips Writing