Understanding And Supporting Children With ADHD
Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) can be hard to include in a mainstream classroom, and managing their behaviour is often a challenge.
Drawing directly from real classroom experience, this book shows how to use effective management strategies to improve behaviour in the classroom and at home.
This interdisciplinary approach will provide teachers with:
- strategies to deal with disruptive behaviours
- ways to channel children's positive characteristics
- advice on how teachers can support and guide parents
- behaviour management techniques to promote positive behaviour
- advice on collaborative working, and how teachers can build partnerships with other professionals.