Child Loses Attention when Seated for Prolonged Periods
- If you notice a student or your child becoming disengaged and lethargic after sitting for a length of time.
- This may indicate that they need movement to stimulate and re-engage their brains.
- In the next couple of slides there will be a list of activities that can be conducted in different scenarios to get those brains engaged.
Activities For Outside:
- Jogging around the playground
- Jumping on a trampoline
- Bouncing on a Space Hopper or Exercise Ball
- Playing Tag
Activities While Seated:
- Chair Push Ups
- Exercises with Therabands
- Foot fidgets
- Movin' Sit cushion or ball chair
Activities in Restricted Space:
- Star jumps
- Jogging on the spot
- Bouncing on an exercise ball
- Wall push-ups
Activities in the Classroom:
- Taking a message to the office or another teacher
- Handing out books
- Collecting in homeworks
- Tidying away materials and resources