Early Sensory Skills
This is a huge compendium of practical and enjoyable activities for touch, vision, taste and smell. Invaluable to anyone working with young children. The text outlines major principal and aims followed by six easy-to-use sections containing basic activities, games and topics to stimulate the senses.
The range of activities includes:
- Vision - looking at self, looking at people, looking at objects
- Touch - tactile awareness, tactile exploration
- Taste and smell - taste and smell awareness
- Everyday activities using vision, touch, taste and small
- Games - visual games, tactile games, taste games, smell games
- Topics - general or specific
These activity sheets contain full instructions, as well as suggestions for variations and similar activities and also included are simple checklists to record a child’s progress.