Select Flow Valve (Pack of 3)
€7.32 ex. VAT
ARK's Select-Flow Valve makes drinking easier for beginners and/or individuals with oral motor difficulties. It's uniquely designed to control the direction of fluid - liquid flows up into the straw, but does not flow back down. Keeps the fluid in the straw. Flow can be adjusted by cutting back the tapered stem of the valve with scissors. Because fluid stays at the top of the straw, each subsequent sip requires less effort. It also reduces the air ingested, so users experience less coughing and choking while consuming more fluids. Highly recommended for individuals who tend to aspirate or have difficulties generating and maintaining suction (a weak suck). Simply push the tapered end of the valve into the bottom of a straw, and you're set to go.
For individuals who tend to take too much fluid at a time, the Select-Flow Valve also slows the flow of fluid, allowing for smaller, more manageable sips that lower the risk of coughing/choking. If a restricted flow is not necessary, simply trim the tapered end with a pair of scissors to increase the flow.
· Made in the USA
· FDA compliant materials with NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
· Measures approximately 1.75" in length
· Not recommended for carbonated beverages
· Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
· If you're using thickened liquids, in general for most thickener brands: "nectar" consistency works fine. If you trim the tapered end of the valve to open up the flow, "honey" will work but will be harder to suck through the straw. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
· Fits in the bottom of most standard drinking straws measuring .25" in diameter
Use under adult supervision
Adult Appropriate Resources All ARK Products All Daily Living All Eating & Drinking ARK's Select-Flow Valves Daily Living Aids Drinking Aids Eating & Drinking Aids Eating & Drinking Aids Daily Living Aids Oral Motor Select Flow Valves Straw Valves